Friday, August 30, 2013

You are worried and troubled...

I am so easily distracted by too many thoughts. It leaves me feeling all hurried and flustered and worried about things I need to accomplish right now. 

I think about things I wish could do, I plan to do, I forgot but just remembered to do. My mind keeps going and going. It takes me hours to fall asleep each night. I don't really know how to turn it off! But I know that I need to. A few suggestions:

Discerning the One Thing Needful - Fr. Andrew (unplug! embrace the silence, listen)

The One Thing Needful - Fr. Stephen
(pray, choose God)

Here's to the weekend! To a weekend of less worrying, more hugging my children, talking to my husband, and playing in the dirt outside, marveling at the world around me. A weekend renewing my prayers. A weekend of sitting at the feet of Christ and listening.

You are worried and troubled about many things. But one thing is needed. - Luke 10:41-42

No comments: