Wednesday, November 4, 2020

New Book: Darkness is As Light



I'm excited to share with you Darkness is as Light from Park End Books.  Twenty-two women authors (including me!) with a variety of writing styles contributed brief reflections on scripture related to personal experiences of struggle and perseverance. Many of the entries are raw, and I found myself taking deep breaths as a I related to their words. It has been a dark year, but Christ is with us even here and now, urging us ever onward. This isn't a devotional book full of answers, but it is full of brave and true women confronting the darkness while clinging to and wrestling with scripture. 

The book is organized into 9 weeks of devotionals, thematically arranged. Each week begins with a lovely gothic style illustration and a poem (especially feature the work of Allison Boyd Justus, who I dearly admire). It would make a lovely bedtime read (or morning, if you're one of those people!), especially suited to those in need of a light in the darkness. 

If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
    and the light about me be night,”
even the darkness is not dark to you;
    the night is bright as the day,
    for darkness is as light with you.
            - Psalm 139.11-12

 Darkness is as Light is available anywhere books are sold. You can support the small press by ordering directly from their book shop. Sneak peeks below!


pg. 1

pg. 81




pg. 82


my stack of publications





1 comment:

Diana Maria said...

I am so glad for you! I am keeping my eyes open, maybe we can get it in Romania some time in the future ☺️
Diana Maria