Thursday, February 6, 2014

Many many mercies


Yet in Your manifold mercies
You did not forsake them in the wilderness.
The pillar of the cloud did not depart from them by day,
To lead them on the road;
Nor the pillar of fire by night,
To show them light,
And the way they should go.
You also gave Your good Spirit to instruct them,
And did not withhold Your manna from their mouth,
And gave them water for their thirst.
Forty years You sustained them in the wilderness;
They lacked nothing;
Their clothes did not wear out
And their feet did not swell. - Nehemiah 9:19-21

I've been struck lately by how many prayers have been answered, and how very present God and His saints and angels are in my life. At the same time I seem to be struggling in the wilderness of my own sin and selfishness.  It seems I am better equipped to battle my own passions when I remember the presence of God, and yet how easily I forget! Why is that?

No comments: