Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Printable Prayer Copywork

One more quick post before bed tonight: I found it was helpful to have some coloring pages or copywork on hand to keep the kids busy while I transitioned from subject to subject (or when I needed a break!).

I made several pages of copywork of simple or common prayers that I thought the girls could begin to learn. My 6 year old actually gave me the idea today, when she said very matter of factly to herself, "Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth. Keep the door of my lips." The youngest can't read, so she just practices tracing the letters. My older daughter can read these as she traces. At some point I'll make copywork with ruled lines below because she doesn't really need the tracing. But anyway, this is a start.

The dashed font I used is a free font: Print Clearly. I also use Penmanship for a free font with ruled lines. Download the pdf below.


 

No comments: