Thursday, October 10, 2013

More thoughts on a Church Year Calendar

I've been thinking about my Church Year Wheel Calendar. As geeky as I was about making it, is absolutely meaningless to my young children. (Well, duh, I say to myself now.) So its seems I'm still on a quest for a simple, reusable, kid-accessible church year calendar.

I really like the idea of a church year timeline, with cards to hang on that wall, that can just be reshuffled into the right order each year. I don't have a great place in our house to put something like this, so I'll have to think about it some more - but maybe this is the way to go? It reminds me of the picture frame with changing festal icons (although with those you can only see one at a time).

I also really like Journaling through the Liturgical Year, and we'll probably either buy this or make our own in the future. But I would also really like something visual to hang up somewhere.

Anyway, thoughts? What kind of church calendar do you use for the kids?

No comments: