Sunday, March 22, 2015

Life of St. Mary of Egypt Printable

I'm up late finishing a coloring page to help the kids get through the long compline service tomorrow. Hopefully this will be a good resource for other times, too. It tells the life of St. Mary of Egypt in comic form. Grab the image to the left, and print on regular letter paper, scale to fit.

Last year we loved the suggestions from Creative Hands Creative Minds, and made paintings of St. Mary of Egypt. My photos are a little blurry, but these are still some of my favorite saint paintings the girls have made. You can see ours below.

Also, I love this version of her life written for children available here from Frederica Matthewes-Greene. I saved it as a PDF to print and reuse each year. You can download my version here.

And we're big fans of Gigi Baba Shadid. Her song about St. Mary of Egypt is great, too!



1 comment:

Susan Cushman said...

Holy Mother Mary, pray to God for us! I loved writing the scene in my novel CHERRY BOMB where the life of St. Mary of Egypt is being read in the monastery and the icon is weeping and Mare faints. I was actually at a monastery for this reading once, and although there was no weeping icon, it was a profoundly memorable event. I love the art work and coloring pages, Laura. Thanks for sharing.